Author Notes: This Spinach and Three Cheese Pie is so GOOD, this recipe is an adaption from Donna Hay! Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or a side at dinner. It will be the first time you made them eat their spinach and they will thank you for it! —Amy Stafford @ A Healthy Life For Me
- 5 sheets ready prepared filo pastry
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup spinach, blanced
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 3 eggs, whipped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- dashes kosher salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 11 x 7 shallow baking pan layer the filo sheets overlaying edges brushing with the butter between each sheet. You can use any size small shallow baking pan that holds 7-8 cups, the rectangular shape will be the easiest to layer the dough. Layer sheets to cover edges of pan and overhang a bit.
- Top phillo with the spinach, ricotta, feta and parmesan. Whisk together the eggs, cream, chives, salt and pepper and pour over the spinach mixture.
- Brush edges of pastry with remaining butter. Bake for 30 minutes or until egg is set and pastry is golden. Serve and Savor!