If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These irresistible truffles showcase the unbeatable flavor combination of Earl Grey tea, vanilla, and orange in two delightful forms.
The classic dark chocolate truffle is elevated to new heights by the subtle notes of vanilla, Earl Grey, and orange. With flavors reminiscent of a classy chocolate orange, these truffles won't last long!
The white chocolate variation of the truffle allows the vanilla, Earl Grey, and orange flavors to shine. —kangarhubarb
Food52 Review: This is one terrific recipe! I love any recipe I come across that uses minimal, good quality ingredients and turns them into such a success. The dark chocolate takes on a velvety texture with undertones of vanilla and tea, and the orange zest is a perfect finish to every tiny bite. I rolled a few in crushed pistachios which added a nice balance of salt and sweet. This was absolutely excellent! I can't wait to make these throughout the upcoming holiday season. —ashleychasesdinner
Makes approximately two dozen
- 8 ounces good quality dark chocolate (or white for variation)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Earl Grey Tea bags
- Zest of half a medium sized orange
- Seeds from one vanilla bean
- Optional Cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or preferred coating to roll truffles
- Heat cream with Earl Grey tea bags and orange zest until just about to simmer. Strain out tea bags and zest and add seeds scraped from vanilla bean.
- While cream is heating, roughly chop chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour hot infused cream with vanilla over chocolate and allow to sit 1-3 minutes.
- Stir chocolate and cream together until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate four hours or overnight.
- Place cocoa powder (or other desired coating) in a small bowl.
- Using a teaspoon scoop 1-inch balls of ganache and roll between palms until smooth. Roll in cocoa powder to coat.
- Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla