If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 4 to 6
- 7 to 8 potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/4 cup Boiled peas
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 medium onion,
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves(totally optional)
- 2 teaspoons Ginger paste
- 1.5 to 2 teaspoons green chilli paste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Garam Masala
- Salt Taste
- oil for deep frying
- leftover bread loaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Take chopped onions in a small pan with some butter or oil and saute them with cumin seeds till translucent. Leave it aside once done.
- Take the boiled potatoes, mash them and add peas, grated carrots, onions, garam masala, ginger/ chilli paste, salt and coriander and mix everything nicely to make a filling. Divide the mixture into equal parts and make nice round balls out of them.
- Keep oil on medium range fro deep frying the rolls. Till then take the stale bread, dip it lightly in a bowl of water just enough to moisten it or you can sprinkle water to it just enough to make to soft. Take the potato balls that we made earlier and place them in between the bread and try to seal the bread and make oblong shaped or round shaped ball. Seal the potato mixture so well with the bread that it should not open up while frying.
- Deep fry them nice and golden in color. Remove them on a tissue paper or absorbent paper.
- Serve these with mint or tamarind chutney or yogurt . If you can serve them hot and fresh they will have a very nice crispy exterior due to bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Stale Bread