If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Herb Crusted Tenderloin dry aged for 5 days in UMAi DrybagSteak special tenderloin bag.
Tenderloin is trimmed leaving the "chain" on and is cut into Filet Mignon and Chateaubriand and crusted with two different spice mixes, then sealed into
Tenderloin size UMAi DrybagSteak using Foodsaver V3250. Aged for 5 days, then crusted Filet cut into steaks and crusted Chateaubriand roasted in the oven:
Filet steaks are crusted as follows:
Chanterelle and Tarragon Crusted Beef Tenderloin
24 ounces of filet mignon
(after crusting and aging for 4 to 5 days, cut into 4 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, about 1 1/2-inch thick)
Mix and grind to a powder in food mill:
1 ounce package dried Chanterelle mushrooms
1 tablespoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
(Reserve 1 tablespoon of this mixture for the finishing garnish)
Roll tied beef tenderloin in the rest of the chanterelle/tarragon powder to thoroughly coat, apply UMAi DrybagSteak, and rest on open wire rack to age for 4 to 5 days.
Prepare aged tenderloin into steaks and cook as desired.
(To finish...)Soften, mix, and chill:
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons fresh chives
Sauté into garnish when ready to serve:
1 tablespoon of butter
1 bulb finely sliced shallot
Whisk in reserved chanterelle/tarragon mixture
Chateaubriand is crusted as follows:
Fennel Seed and Rosemary Crusted Beef Tenderloin
16 oz beef tenderloin roast or Chateaubriand
2 tsp fennel seed, toasted, chopped
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
salt & pepper for seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter —UMAi
- 24 ounces beef tenderloin tail section silverskin and fat cover off
- 1 ounce dried chanterelle mushrooms ground
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon ground
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- separate whole tenderloin into filet mignon and chateaubriand
- tie the filet mignon portion with butchers twine
- roll the tied filet mignon in ground spice mixture of chanterelle mushrooms, tarragon, salt and pepper
- vacuum seal the filet mignon into UMAi DrybagSteak and place in the refrigerator for 4-5 day (make sure it is placed on a rack where air can circulate is all around the piece) The filet mignon will loose some moisture approx 10%, this will intensify the beef flavor and allow the spice flavors to permeate
- Sear the outside of the tied filet mignon on frying pan until golden brown
- Cut the twine and cut the piece into steaks about 1 inch thick. Grill or fry the steaks to internal tem of 130 F
- Serve with chive flavored butter and shallot mushroom sauce