If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
You could probably do this with broccoli too!
You could probably do this with broccoli too!—Ben Pagel
head of cauliflower
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon cayenne pepper
cup smoked gouda, shredded
smoked black pepper
salt (to taste)
tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. If you don't have an oven, call your neighbors, tell them there is free pizza at a destination approximately 30 minutes away, and then break in to their house to preheat THEIR oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the head of cauliflower, removing the florets from the stem. Trim the florets in 1/4 to 1/2 inch chunks (no need to be precise).
- Add the cauliflower to a roasting pan, baking sheet, or casserole dish. Sprinkle with olive oil, cayenne, black pepper, and salt. Toss gently to coat, using your hands if you're not a wuss.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until just fork tender. You'll want to stir/flip the cauliflower about every 10 minutes. I wouldn't use your hands for that part.
- When it's fork tender, add the shredded cheese all over the top. Broil on high until the cheese is melted and as brown as you'd like.
- Serve with steak. And red wine. And please call me to invite me to join you. Or invite your neighbors if you're still in their house. They may need something to calm them down after an hour of unnecessary driving for imaginary pizza.