Author Notes: The traditional topping of pomegranates add a lovely unexpected freshness to the warm smoky eggplant and not to mention the added nutritional impact. So worth the effort of having to peel the pomegranates. —whomadethehummus
Serves: 4 to 6
cups Roasted Eggplant
cup Good Tahini
cup Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- Start with three nice sized eggplants. Let me just say color makes a difference here. The dark purple aubergines are the ones you want to use for this recipe. I enjoy all species but the lighter ones don’t hold up to this type of roasting. Score each vegetable with a fork three or four times and place them on a hot grill. Let them roast for at least 45 minutes.
- Once good and charred on both sides remove the eggplant and scoop out the creamy pale innards
- Plate it by smoothing it out on a nice Platter
- Give it a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a generous topping of Pomegranate seeds and that’s it! So easy and very delicious.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates