If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quite an adventurous meal that could use some sprucing up and experimenting. —mtlabor
box pasta, (I used shells)
small pumpkin, cubed
small onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
cup heavy cream
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- While waiting for the pasta, get a large skillet and heat up the oil under medium heat. Add in onion and cook until translucent and soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cubed pumpkin and cook until softened, about 20 minutes. Periodically, throughout, try pressing down on the pumpkin to sort of mush it down. Season with salt and pepper.
- This is as far as the original recipe goes. Me, I wasn't satisfied with that. It just tasted kind of blah. So I had to spruce it up.
- To the softened pumpkin and onion, add 1/2 cup cream and about 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese (depending on how thick or cheesy you want it). Let simmer until slightly thickened, shouldn't be too long, no longer than 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and stir in with cream sauce. Salt and pepper to taste and serve!