If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not your typical souffle! The great thing about this recipe is that it is so versatile. Since it only requires egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and jam, you can make it any flavor you want! Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Orange Marmalade, etc….
The options are endless! —TheGirlyGirlCooks
- 3 tablespoons Egg Whites
- 3 tablespoons Granulated White Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 3 tablespoons Huckleberry Jam (or other flavors)
- 1/2 cup Whipped Cream (optional)
- Start by simmering 1 inch of water in a double boiler over medium to medium-low heat. Butter the top part of the double boiler.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites in large bowl until frothy, then add in the cream of tartar and sugar slowly. Continue beating until the egg white are stiff (think meringue-like). Gently fold in the jam.
- Spoon the mixture into the buttered top of the double boiler. Cover and cook over the barely simmering water for 1 hour. After an hour, once the souffle is cooked, spoon the souffle into two serving dishes and top with whipped cream (optional).