If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's a tunisian recipe. It's one version of couscous with fish. Hope you'll enjoy it. —TunisiaRocks
- 1 Head of cod fish
- 3 fish bones
- 1 liter water
- 1 pound couscous
- Pour the water in a sauce pan.
- Add the fish bones and head.
- Let it boil.
- Mix the couscous and 2 table spoons of olive oil and place it in the steam basket of the couscoussier, cover with a lid and place it on top of the boiling fish stock. After 20 mn pour it in a bowl and sprinkle with hot water. Separates the grain with a fork. Pour it back in the steam basket and cover for another 20mn or until the semoul turn white and soft.
- once the fish stock is ready pour half of it in the couscous sauce and the other half on the couscous but not at the same time wait until the couscous absorbs the liquid and add more if necessary. Put salt and peper.
- 2 onions
- 2 pounds fish as sea bream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 piece pumpkin
- 5 garlics
- 1/2 tablespoon spicy paste (harissa)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups water
- cook and stir the sliced onions in the olive oil.
- Add the tomato paste and continue stirring.
- Add the pumpkin cubes and 2 cups of water and make it boil.
- cut the garlic into small pieces and mix it with the sliced fish , the cumin, the harissa and the salt and paper.
- After adding the half of the fish stock in the couscous sauce make it boil and add the spiced fish and make it cook for 5 to 10mn.
- Serve the couscous with the fish pieces on top.