Author Notes: My Mom’s Buckeye recipe. She always made them every Christmas and my son Jimmy loves them. —Amy Stafford @ A Healthy Life For Me
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup assorted colored chocolate chips
- Mix peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Using a tablespoon scoop measure out balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Rounding balls between your hands to smooth out.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or a bowl set over a saucepan with a little water set to a low boil, stirring continually until smooth.
- Insert a toothpick into peanut butter ball and dip into chocolate coating ¾ of ball, leaving peanut butter visible on top.
- Set back onto baking sheet, when all balls have been coated, top balls with christmas colored chocolate chips, and put sheet back in refrigerator to set chocolate.
- Once chocolate is set you can store Buckeyes in a air tight container.
More Great Recipes: Desserts