If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a popular summer dish for Lunch Bunch, a lunch co-op with a dozen participants. You cook about twice a month and, voila, a healthy, free lunch every day. —JenniferF
- 4 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 ears of corn cut off cob, (or 1 bag frozen corn, defrosted)
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large jalapeño, seeds and veins removed, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juices
- 1 tablespoon high quality chili powder
- coarse salt to taste
- bunches cilantro, chopped finely
- 3 heads romaine, washed and chopped
- Mix all ingredients except romaine.
- Season well. Let marinate over night.
- Serve over bed of romaine. Serve "salad bar" style with a wide variety of delightful toppings: sour cream, feta, grated sharp cheddar, buttermilk dressing, pepitas, tortilla strips or chips, salsa, etc.