You can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes in my opinion - especially at this time of year and with a boyfriend who has yet to learn how to appreciate the ginger/cinnamon/clove-laced Christmas baking fare I grew up with in Germany. —Sophia R
- Makes 25 cookies
butter, at room temperature
strong espresso, at room temperature
all purpose flour
pinch of salt
dark chocolate, chopped
sea salt flakes
- Start by creaming the butter with the two types of sugar, this will take ca. 5-10 minutes after which the mixture will be light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and espresso to the mix and beat until everything has come together and has further increased in volume.
- Combine the flour with the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and sift over the egg-butter mix. Mix together until well combined then stir in the chocolate chips and coca nibs.
- Form dough into a log (ca. 24cm long), wrap in foil and place in the fridge for 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cut the log into ca. 24 slices (1cm thick) and place on the baking trays, leaving a bit of space between the cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for ca. 8-10 minutes (the cookies should be slightly underdone when you take them out of the oven).