If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes in my opinion - especially at this time of year and with a boyfriend who has yet to learn how to appreciate the ginger/cinnamon/clove-laced Christmas baking fare I grew up with in Germany. —Sophia R
Makes 25 cookies
butter, at room temperature
milliliters strong espresso, at room temperature
all purpose flour
pinch of salt
teaspoons baking powder
dark chocolate, chopped
teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Start by creaming the butter with the two types of sugar, this will take ca. 5-10 minutes after which the mixture will be light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and espresso to the mix and beat until everything has come together and has further increased in volume.
- Combine the flour with the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and sift over the egg-butter mix. Mix together until well combined then stir in the chocolate chips and coca nibs.
- Form dough into a log (ca. 24cm long), wrap in foil and place in the fridge for 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cut the log into ca. 24 slices (1cm thick) and place on the baking trays, leaving a bit of space between the cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for ca. 8-10 minutes (the cookies should be slightly underdone when you take them out of the oven).