If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shandy is a refreshing drink and one of the original and easiest beer cocktails. It is popular on drink menus in the UK, Europe and Australia. There are a few variations of Shandy: Add a touch of grenadine and you’ll have a Monaco, a French version of the shandy. Mix your lager with ginger ale, and you will have a Shandygaff.
I chose a variation which is called Snakebite, a mix of hard apple cider and beer and made my cocktail with hard pear cider, lager, vanilla-lime simple syrup, Pear brandy and lime juice.
The best thing about making Snakebite yourself is that no one is going to stop you from having another and from adding what ever you like to your glass. Here is how I made Snakebite Shandy so it can be served for the Holidays.
Makes 1 large beer glass or 2 regular cocktail glasses
- 8 ounces Perry Hard Cider, chilled
- 8 ounces Corona Extra lager beer, chilled
- 1 or 2 tablespoons vanilla-lime simple syrup
- 2 teaspoons or more Pear brandy or liqueur (I used Xante Pear brandy)
- About 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice or to taste
- To make the vanilla-lime simple syrup: In a medium sauce pan over medium heat cook 1 cup water, 1 cup organic sugar,1 vanilla bean and 4 strips of lime peel (white pith removed completely) for 10 minutes. Reduce to a simmer and cook 20 more minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine sift and then set aside to cool.
- When ready to serve or enjoy by yourself; drop a few dried or fresh berries into the bottom of a chilled glass, top with vanilla-lime simple syrup,lime juice and pear brandy; then pour the cider and beer. Garnish with a slice of pear and a slice of lime. Enjoy your drink and the Holidays!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
More Great Recipes: