Author Notes: Each Armenian family has its traditions when it comes to making and serving s'pas. Often you will find it without onions, or sometimes wheat is substituted by rice.Also it can be served hot or cold. It is great for any weather, cold or hot, S'pas always is always enjoyable. —Anna Gevorkyan
Serves: 6 cups, or 5 medium bowls
cups Plain non-salty yogurt
tablespoon Sour Creme
tablespoons All purpose Flour
- Cook wheat in two cups of salted water until it is almost cooked.
- In a separate pan add the 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt, egg, flour, and sour cream and mix until all ingredients are mixed. You can use hand beater, otherwise a wooden spoon in preferred.
- Slowly add the remaining yogurt and the four cups of water. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Rinse the wheat and add it to the soup, let stir for another 10 minutes until the wheat is completely cooked .
- Let it simmer 5 minutes before service. A little shopped parsley and small amount of butter can add extra flavors - add before serving.