Author Notes: I have been cooking this recipe for a few years, especially in the winter time. It is a hit every time! But I cannot remember where I found it! It is a healthy one pot meal, and makes wonderful leftovers! —culture_connoisseur
Serves: 6 - 8
bunches Leeks chopped
pieces Chicken breasts or thighs (I prefer boneless)
Carrots cut in two inch pieces
packet Mushroom (I use Baby Bellas)
tablespoon Black Pepper
tablespoons Olive Oil
cups Chicken stock
- Pre-heat oven to 350' F. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven on the stove. Generously pepper chicken pieces on both sides, and place in the hot oil to brown on both sides, but not cook through.
- While the chicken is browning, chop the leeks and place in a water bath and remove the soil found in the inner layers.
- Remove chicken from the Dutch oven when browned and set aside.
- Sauté leeks, mushrooms and carrots in the hot oil from the chicken until the leeks begin to soften (about 5 minutes). I may add a few more dashes of pepper at this point as well.
- Place the chicken pieces back on top of the leek mixture. Add all of the chicken stock.
- Place uncovered Dutch oven in your pre-heated oven, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Chicken should be a beautiful, roasted brown and the broth should be bubbling a bit. I like to serve this dish in beautiful, deep bowls with a few ladles of the flavorful broth.