Author Notes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHVX13NHRiU —HeatherPierceG
Makes one salad
- 1/2 cup farro (if you’re gluten-free, use brown rice or quinoa instead)
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (or 1 avocado, sliced)
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Cook the farro ahead of time, according to package directions, and let cool.
- Rinse and dry kale, remove leaves from stems and tear into bite-sized pieces. Add to a large bowl with olive oil and gently massage oil into kale for a few minutes until kale turns a nice dark green and becomes more tender.
- Slice the pomegranate in half and remove seeds (see video above).
- Add 1 cup of cooked farro, pomegranate seeds, feta cheese (or avocado) to kale.
- Make dressing: whisk together walnut oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard until creamy.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, toss to coat, and serve!