If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Jazzed-up drumsticks. Quick prep then just leave them to cook. An easy chicken dish where the taste belies the simplicity. —Anna Atkins
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 8 rashers of unsmoked pancetta
- 5 sage leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
From the storecupboard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 milliliters white wine
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1. Start Turn the over to 180?C/160?C Fan/Gas 4
- 2. Skin Rinse the drumsticks under the tap and pat dry with kitchen paper. Remove the skin by pulling it towards the thin end of the drumstick.
- 3. Wrap With a sharp knife make 4 slits into each piece. Coat each drumstick with mustard, making sure some goes into the slits. Wrap a rasher of pancetta around each drumstick and place in an ovenproof dish.
- 4. Season Wash the rosemary and sage. Drizzle the drumsticks with olive oil. Sprinkle with the sage leaves and rosemary needles. Add the unpeeled garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and a generous grind of black pepper. Pour the wine over the drumsticks and put them in the oven for 45 minutes.
- 5. Baste Spoon the cooking juices over the chicken a couple of times while it’s in the oven.
- 6. Check Make sure the meat is cooked by pricking it with a fork. If the juices that come out are clear, it’s done. If they’re still pink, put it back in the oven for a bit longer.
- View more of my recipes on: http://www.lemonsqueezy.eu