If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from my old boss Anita's chili. I still call it Anita's chili for sentimental reasons. It's an easy vegetarian chili and feel free to change out the beans for black beans or a mix of beans. —almacucina
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) red kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) shoe peg corn
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream (optional )
- shredded Farm House chedder cheese (optional)
- minced onion (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven add olive oil and heat on medium. Add onions, pepper, garlic, all the spices, oregano and corn flour. Cook for 10-15 minutes until onions and peppers are soft.
- Drain and rinse the beans, add to cooked mixture along with tomato sauce and corn. Stir in tomato paste and adjust seasoning. Cook for 15-20 minutes for everything to come together.
- Serve with any or all of the optional ingredients.