If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This may be the easiest and quickest Channa Masala recipe ever! Prep time is only 10 minutes, so it’s ideal for those nights you’re looking for a deliciously healthy but quick dinner. —Preena
- 2 cups chick peas, canned
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 each, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, black peppercorns, cloves and star anise
- 1/4 cup crushed or ground tomatoes, canned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Arvinda's Madras Masala
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Arvinda's Garam Masala (optional)
- Rinse chick peas and drain. Set aside. In a medium-sized pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, black peppercorns, cloves and star anise. Fry for one minute taking care not to burn.
- Add ground tomatoes. stir and cook for one minute. Stir in Arvinda’s Madras Masala to make a paste and fry for a couple of minutes. Stir in chick peas and add water to make a thick sauce. Add sugar and salt to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve in a serving dish and garnish with cilantro and Arvinda’s Garam Masala. Serve with basmati rice or flatbread and salad to make a healthy, well-balanced meal.