If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Christmas Day I look forward to my Mom's Baccala Salad. It's delicious -- salty and spicy in all the right ways. It's also a nice light way to start the festive meal which is followed by spinach lasagne and a meat course. The dressing you can make your own by adding as little or as much of the things you enjoy. I happen to like extra hot peppers on mine! —jvcooks
pounds piece of salt cod
extra virgin olive oil
celery stalks with leaves, chopped
Moroccan oil-cured black olives
freshly ground black pepper
flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Soak dry salt cod in cold water for 4 days in the refrigerator. Change the water two times a day.
- When the cod has soaked for 4 days, rinse and cut into large chunks. Place the chunks of cod into a pot and cover with cold water. Bring up to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the cod starts to flake. Be careful not to over cook.
- Rinse the cooked cod under cold water and break into bite size pieces.
- As you can see there are no measurements for the dressing. Use as little or as much of the ingredients based on you tastes.
- Garnish with anchovies and parsley.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!