If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe originates from the North Indian state of Punjab, consisting of peas and Indian pressed cheese in a creamy aromatic curry sauce. Paneer is available at most Indian grocery stores or specialty grocers. Paneer simply consists of whole milk with lemon juice (or vinegar) so you can easily make it at home. Visit our blog www.ATeaspoonOfTurmeric.com for the recipe to make your own paneer from scratch. —Preena
- 1 cup paneer, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ground or crushed unsalted tomatoes, canned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Arvinda's Curry Masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cilantro, to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Arvinda's Garam Masala, to garnish (optional)
- In a pan, heat oil on medium heat and fry onions until caramelized, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add ground tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add Arvinda’s Curry Masala, salt and sugar. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add peas and cubed paneer and mix well.
- Add cream and almonds. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Add water. Simmer for another 5-8 minutes. This dish should have a thick creamy sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro and Arvinda’s Garam Masala. Serve with Indian flatbreads and rice.