If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes:  This dish will need salt and pepper. Because of all the salty variables (type of sausage, cheese, stock) there is no set amount I recommend. Be sure to season after all the ingredients have been combined.  This recipe freezes great! To reheat pasta from the freezer: Allow pasta to defrost in the refrigerated as long as possible. Cover pasta with foil and bake in a 350º oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes. Insert butter knife into the center of the pasta to test for doneness. If the inserted portion of the knife comes out hot = the center is hot! —joannE.
Pumpkin Ziti Alfredo
- 1 pound Ziti
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casings
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, small dice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 15 ounces Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/5 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Sage Leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Marjoram, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease 13"x9" baking pan
- In a large saucepan bring 4-5 quarts (*4 cups in a quart) of water and 4 Tbs of salt to a boil. Add pasta and cooks for 6-8 minutes (2 minutes less then the instructions indicate). Pasta should be a little undercooked; it will finish cooking in the sauce. Drain and rinse with cold water immediately
- Heat Olive Oil in a medium saucepan over med-high heat, add Sausage. Once sausage is fully cooked and browned remove from pan and set aside. Using the remaining oil in the pan, sauté onions until translucent.
- Reduce heat and add garlic, cook for 1 more minute. Stir in Pumpkin Puree, Chicken Stock, Red Pepper Flakes, Cinnamon and Nutmeg until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Bring to boil then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and 1 cup Parmesan Cheese. Season with Salt & Pepper!
- Fold in noodles, sausage, parsley and sage into the large saucepan. Pour pasta into a 9x13 inch greased baking pan and top with remaining Parmesan Cheese . Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
- Pour pasta into a 9x13 inch greased baking pan and top with remaining Parmesan Cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
*Veggie Pack your pasta by baking it in a winter squash!
- 6 Large Acorn Squashes
- Pre-heat oven to 375º and grease shallow baking pan or cookie sheet
- Cut squash in ½ and remove seeds.
- Take a small slice off the bottom of each half to create a flat surface, allowing the squash to stand upright.
- Roast squash in a greased glass baking dish, for 30-45 minutes (depending on size), until the flesh is soft but they maintain their shape.
- Spoon pasta into squash and top with parmesan cheese Return squash to oven and bake for an addition 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and browned.