If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm still coming up with my list of New Year's resolutions and like most years, eating more vegetables is already at the top of it. Luckily, I came up with this special roasted vegetable flavored with curry powder that is quickly becoming one of my favorites and have been roasting many of my winter vegetables in the same manner. This time the lucky vegetables were brussels sprouts that I got off the stalk and a small head of cauliflower, which I picked up at the Fort Greene farmer's market. —Chitra Agrawal
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix together the oil and ghee and set aside.
- Wash and cut brussels sprouts off of stalk and half them if they are large, making sure they are all similar in size.
- Wash and break off florets from cauliflower and make sure they are all similar in size.
- In a bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, cauliflower and oil/ghee mixture. Mix gently and add as much of the mixture to coat.
- Place the brussels sprouts and cauliflower on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Mix around the vegetables from time to time so they are evenly cooked.
- After the vegetables have been roasting for about 25 minutes (they should be close to done), take them out and gently mix the vegetables up with curry powder.
- Place baking dish back in the oven until the vegetables are fully roasted (5 more minutes).
- Take the roasted vegetables out of the oven to cool.
- Add salt to taste and serve garnished with cilantro.