If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great vegetarian meal option that I ate all the time while I lived in New York City, trying to adapt to a tight budget. It is easily adaptable to include anything that you may find in your refrigerator or cabinets. —SMAK
can black beans
red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- While oven is heating, bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup rinsed quinoa to the boiling water and reduce the heat and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff.
- While quinoa is cooking, line a cooking sheet with aluminum foil and lay out the florets of two broccoli stalks on the pan. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Put into the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the broccoli begins to brown.
- Mix all ingredients together. Enjoy!