Author Notes: This is a great vegetarian meal option that I ate all the time while I lived in New York City, trying to adapt to a tight budget. It is easily adaptable to include anything that you may find in your refrigerator or cabinets. —SMAK
can black beans
red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- While oven is heating, bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup rinsed quinoa to the boiling water and reduce the heat and simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff.
- While quinoa is cooking, line a cooking sheet with aluminum foil and lay out the florets of two broccoli stalks on the pan. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Put into the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the broccoli begins to brown.
- Mix all ingredients together. Enjoy!