Author Notes: I ate this steak in Modena in Italy and I think it was one of the simplest and tastiest steaks I have ever had. The Balsamic Glaze i use the squeeze bottle one and you put as much as you like. —Babette's Feast
Sirloin steaks, 1 inch thick
cups fresh rocket leaves
teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
cup Parmesan shavings
- Season the steaks with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Pre-heat grill to 500 degrees F. and let it get very hot.
- Put steaks on the broiler pan and grill in the oven for 5 minutes. Turn and brown on the other side.
- Remove from the oven and cover in aluminium foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- Make a bead of rocket leaves on the plates.
- Slice the steaks and cover the rocket leaves with the slices of meat. Drzzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the meat, sprinkle with the parmesan shavings and drizzle the balsamic glaze over the parmesan. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broiled Steak