Author Notes: This is a recipe that I developed for my wife who has ulcerated colitis (UC). Her system cannot tolerate any processed sugars so my baking uses honey exclusively as the principal sweetner. It also uses only almond and rice flours. Makes two loaves. —foodle
- two cups Fine ground almond flour
- two cups Coarse ground almond flour
- two cups Brown rice flour
- All of the above ingredients will go into a bowl for dry ingredients; mix well with whisk.
Additional dry ingredients
- two teaspoons Baking soda
- two teaspoons fine-ground sea salt
- 1.5 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1.5 tablespoons Saigon roasted cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons Nutmeg
- six large eggs at room temperature (wet inredient)
- one cup plain, 2% fat Greek yogurt at room temp (wet ingredient)
- Three Small, overly ripe (black), mashed bananas (wet ingredient)
- one cup organic honey--not agave (wet ingredient)
- one cup melted, room temperature Irish butter (wet ingredient)
- one cup golden raisins (wet ingredient)
- With a whisk, mix all of the above dry ingredients with the other dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, on low speed, mix yogurt, eggs, honey, bananas, butter, raisins and nuts for approx five minutes; scrape down sides of bowl, run mixer at low speed for one minute.
- Using a large spoon, add dry mixture to the wet ingredients with the mixer on low speed for five minutes. Scrape down sides, run mixer on low speed for one minute.
- Fold in blueberries
- Oven should be pre-set at 325 degree; using middle rack.
- Butter and flour-dust two, 5" X 9", light-colored loaf pans. Line bottom with parchment paper.
- Divide mixed ingredients between the two loaf pans; lightly tapped the filled pans on a counter to settle the mixture.
- Place loaf pans on middle rack, set time for 30 mins; at 30 mins, rotate pans 180 degrees.
- Bake for another 30 mins (total of sixty mins). Insert a cake tester in both pans, should come out clean. If not, add another five minutes.
- When you judge the loafs to be done, remove from oven place on cooling racks for ten minutes; run a knife around the outside of each loaf pan, let rest for ten minutes.
- At ten minute mark, invert pans with a kitchen towel (pan swill be very warm), peel off parchment from bottom of loaf, place on racks, let cool for thirty minutes. Ready to slice and enjoy.