If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is really simple & a little lighter than the usual egg salad you find between two slices of bread. You can make this ahead of time, of course, & pack it for a lunch or it is perfect for a little lunch gathering. —we eat. happy.
Serves 4 as a snack or appetizer
- 6 organic hard-boiled eggs, peeled* (I keep 3 yolks & discard the rest)
- 1/4 cup onion (your choice), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise (I prefer & recommend this, but your favorite Mayonnaise would work too)
- 3 radishes, finely chopped
- 1 TBL olive oil
- a big of sea salt & cracked pepper
- Crackers of your choice (I like Food Should Taste Good Toasted Sesame Chips)
- a handful of arugula
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, onions, cilantro, Vegenaise, radishes, oil & seasonings until well combined & to your desired texture.
- Serve a spoonful of the salad on the crackers of your choice with a leaf or two of arugula for an added kick & for prettiness.
- * The way I hard boil eggs, is by covering them in cold water in a pot. I bring it to a rolling boil. Then I remove from the heat, & let it sit for about 11 minutes with the lid on. I rinse the eggs in cold water & then let them cool in a bowl.