If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love crumbles and thanks to my mother I discovered savory crumbles and am now trying various combination —MarieGlobetrotter
- 1 medium eggplant
- 70g ricotta cheese
- 1 handful pine nuts
- 1/4 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 1/2 or 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into dices
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 handful porridge oats
- Peel the eggplant and cut into small dices. Fry them in a saucepan with one tablespoon of olive oil. Add ½ cup of water and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Season to taste. Wait for the water to evaporate and dry well.
- Crumbled the ricotta
- Grill the whole pinenuts in a dry frying pan
- Preheat the oven on 350F
- Mix together diced butter, flour, parmesan, nuts, oregano and thyme in a bowl. Crumble dough by hand.
- Place the eggplants at the bottom of an lightly greased, shallow baking dish. Add the crumbled ricotta. Arrange the crumble over the top, not press. Sprinkle with oats, then splash some olive oil to finish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Grill for 2-3 minutes at the end