If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mild creamy cauliflower provides the perfect backdrop for this flavor packed "garnish". The velvety texture of this soup is amazing! This is a go to starter when you need something quick, but still want to impress. You can really use any flavored olive oil, basil, orange, etc. —Devon Troy Alexander
Makes approx. 1/2 gallon
- 1 lrg head of cauliflower (approx 2# 1.5" pieces, stem included)
- 3 cups chicken stock or mild vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch white pepper
- truffle oil (white or black)
- Heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan (6-8 qt ) Saute the onion over med heat for 7-8 min until just translucent (DO NOT BROWN)!
- Add the cauliflower, stock and water. Cauliflower should be almost immersed. Raise the heat slightly, cover the pot tightly and cook until cauliflower is very tender, about 25-30 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- Puree with an immersion blender until velvety smooth. Add water to thin if necessary. Add white pepper and salt to taste.
- Ladle into warm shallow bowls, drizzle generously with truffle oil, a pinch of fresh ground pepper, and snipped chives or slivered green onions.
- This soup can be made with all water, but I like the richness the broth adds. This soup is cauliflower in all it's pure simple glory, but the truffle oil takes this soup to a whole other dimension!