If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Proscuitto and gruyere wrapped in a chicken meatball topped with white wine dijon cream sauce —porkandperwinkle
Makes about 15 bites
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dreid thyme flakes
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese
- 4 pieces proscuttio
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- In a large mixing bowl liberally season the chicken with salt and pepper and add the garlic powder, thyme and 1 teaspoon paprika.
- Add bread crumbs and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- In three smaller bowls add: in one place the flour and season with salt and pepper; in the second bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk; in the third bowl add two cups panko bread crumbs, 2 Tablespoons paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Take about 2 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture and flatten out into a small burger patty shape. Wrap a piece of gruyere with a slice of the proscuitto and place in the center of the patty. Then, wrap the cheese and ham with the chicken forming a ball and set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken, cheese and proscuitto. Makes 15 balls.
- Take one ball and dredge in seasoned flour, then roll in whisked egg, then into the seasoned panko breadcrumbs and set aside. Repeat with all balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add cooking oil to a large saute pan about 1/4? up the side and heat on medium heat.
- When oil is ready, place about 5 balls in oil and sear on all sides until golden, then set aside on paper towels. Repeat for all balls.
- After all balls have been seared, place all balls on a baking sheet and pop in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken comes up to 170 degrees.
White Wine-Dijon Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- salt & pepper
- Discard oil from pan used to sear chicken and in that pan over low-medium heat add the wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the mustard and cream and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper. .
- Cook until cream is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Serve alongside the chicken cordon bleu bites