If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from a recipe in a slow cooker cookbook. Its sounds odd, but the Onion Crunch really added a unique flavor to it. —kimbaddd
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning Mix (see note)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes in puree, undrained
- 15 ounces can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup hominy, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Onion Crunch (see note)
- Cook ground beef, taco seasoning or chili powder/cumin combo, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring frequently, drain. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, beans, hominy, water, and onion crunch or french fried onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. You can also top the chili with cheese..or whatever you prefer. Leftovers did not last long in my house…. Notes: If you do not have access to a Trader Joe's for the Taco Seasoning mix, you can use 2 tablespoons chili powder and 1 tablespoon ground cumin. If you can't get the Onion Crunch (which is super tasty and great on and in all kinds of things!) please feel free to use french fried onions in a can. I find Onion Crunch at Sprouts Grocery store in California.