If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from a recipe a long time ago. It originally called for one leek, but I do think two is better. —kimbaddd
- 1 unbaked pie shell (Trader Joe's make EXCELLENT pre made ones!)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham, diced (I don't eat pork so I buy a "loaf" of turkey ham and cut into cubes. (see note)
- 2 medium leeks, rinsed to get rid of dirt, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Saute ham and leek in 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet until leek is tender, about 5 minutes. Spoon ham and leek over bottom of pie shell.
- Beat eggs lightly in medium size bowl. Beat in milk and cream. Stir in cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour into pie shell. Place tart on baking sheet. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until custard is set and top is golden. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
- Note: Turkey ham, sold in loaf form, is great for alot of things so don't let it go to waste! Its great as a substitute for ham in soups, in frittatas, or sandwiches sliced thin. My kids love to snack on it, too.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tart
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch
More Great Recipes:
Pies & Tarts