If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you are ever in the mood for lemon, this is the best dessert to serve on a cold winter's day. It is served warmed from the oven. The top crust gives way to a fragrant lemon pudding in the center of the cakes. Most recipes in our family are just ingredients written on a card. This lemon recipe has been around for awhile, but I do not know its original source. The instructions listed in this recipe are the way I make the cakes. —[email protected] Chocolate Cake
cup Lemon Juice
tablespoons Butter, melted
- Beat 3 egg whites stiff while gradually adding 1/4 cup of the sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the rest of the sugar, milk, lemon juice (use fresh or bottled), butter and 2 egg yolks.
- Gradually stir in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into 5 ramekins (4-6 oz each)
- Place the ramekins in a roasting pan and pour boiling water into the pan. The water should fill the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.