Author Notes: If you are ever in the mood for lemon, this is the best dessert to serve on a cold winter's day. It is served warmed from the oven. The top crust gives way to a fragrant lemon pudding in the center of the cakes. Most recipes in our family are just ingredients written on a card. This lemon recipe has been around for awhile, but I do not know its original source. The instructions listed in this recipe are the way I make the cakes. —[email protected] Chocolate Cake
cup Lemon Juice
tablespoons Butter, melted
- Beat 3 egg whites stiff while gradually adding 1/4 cup of the sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the rest of the sugar, milk, lemon juice (use fresh or bottled), butter and 2 egg yolks.
- Gradually stir in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into 5 ramekins (4-6 oz each)
- Place the ramekins in a roasting pan and pour boiling water into the pan. The water should fill the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.