If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple wrap has nearly every flavor component--lightly sweet fig preserves, briney, creamy feta, nutty wheat lavash (can be substituted with wheat flatbread/tortilla), and some dry black pepper heat. I don't eat pork, but imagine this could be even more delicious with some prosciuotto and arugula and a few drops of citrusy olive oil; alternatively, rosemary caramelized onions will be a nice touch. —D-YUH
Makes 1 wrap
- 1 piece whole wheat lavash bread, lightly toasted
- 1-2 tablespoons fig butter or preserves
- 1 tablespoon chopped, toasted walnuts
- 2 ounces French or Greek feta in brine
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Toast walnut pieces and set aside to cool.
- Gently toast whole wheat lavash bread or some other middle eastern flatbread.
- Spread fig butter on the warm bread, sprinkle over walnuts and crush in pieces of feta
- Eat as desired.