If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I needed to take an appetizer to a friend's housewarming party, and I came up with this cheese ball recipe using things I already had in the kitchen. Sweet pears and honey mix perfectly with three cheeses, almonds, rosemary, and fresh ground pepper. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
Makes 1 cheeseball
ounces goat cheese (chevre)- room temperature
ounces cream cheese- room temperature
cup shredded parmesan cheese
teaspoons coarsly ground pepper
tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
ripe pear- diced
cup thin sliced almonds
- Mix cheeses, honey, pepper, rosemary, pear, and about 1 tablespoon almonds together with electric hand or stand mixer.
- Scrape mixture off sides and bottom of bowl and shape into a ball. Will be soft.
- Roll cheeseball in remaining almonds.
- Chill for up to two hours in the fridge before serving (or about 1/2 hour in the freezer).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish