Author Notes: I needed to take an appetizer to a friend's housewarming party, and I came up with this cheese ball recipe using things I already had in the kitchen. Sweet pears and honey mix perfectly with three cheeses, almonds, rosemary, and fresh ground pepper. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
Makes: 1 cheeseball
ounces goat cheese (chevre)- room temperature
ounces cream cheese- room temperature
cup shredded parmesan cheese
teaspoons coarsly ground pepper
tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
ripe pear- diced
cup thin sliced almonds
- Mix cheeses, honey, pepper, rosemary, pear, and about 1 tablespoon almonds together with electric hand or stand mixer.
- Scrape mixture off sides and bottom of bowl and shape into a ball. Will be soft.
- Roll cheeseball in remaining almonds.
- Chill for up to two hours in the fridge before serving (or about 1/2 hour in the freezer).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish