Author Notes: Still crazy good after all these years. Simple to make and goes down easy. —Erika Kotite
- 1 sugar cube
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange peel
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- Place sugar cube in bottom of a rocks glass. Add bitters and a splash of water.
- Crush sugar thoroughly with a wooden muddler or strong spoon, and then muddle with the orange peel to release some of its oils.
- Pour in the whiskey, place a few ice cubes in the glass, and stir until well chilled.
- Garnish with fresh orange peel, if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!