If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Silver Linings Playbook, here's my take on Crabby Snacks. Hold the "Homemades." —foxeslovelemons
Makes 30 pieces
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices (need 30 pieces)
- Nonstick cooking spray or olive oil
- 1/4 pound smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 pound canned crab meat, drained if necessary
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise or cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- Red pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray baguette slices with cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, toss together crab, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, Worcestershire, lemon zest, white pepper, salt and bacon. Makes about 2 cups crab mixture.
- Top each baguette slice with a heaping tablespoon of crab mixture. Top with avocado slice and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre