If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In a trip to the US, I caught the flu with high fever and coughing. A friend of mine made this soup for me and I felt so much better. Did you know that chicken broth has healing ability. The scientists do not know why, but it seems that it helps us recover faster form cold and flu! —Culinary Flavors
- 1 liter chicken broth
- 1/2 liter water
- 2 chicken breasts, skin on, bones in
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 packet rice noodles or any other noodles
- We empty broth in the pot we add the chicken and the water.
- We bring to boil and skim off the yuck that comes to top.
- We put in the spices and the vegetables.
- We lower the fire and cover until the chicken and the vegetables are soft.
- We take out the chicken and remove the bones and skin and cut it in small pieces.
- We throw it back to the soup.
- In the meantime we have already prepared the noodles according to the package's instructions and throw them in along with the chicken.
- If you like your soup more thick you can thicken it by adding 2 tbsp of corn flour dissolved in 2 tbsp of water.