If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dried broad beans pureè and chicory is a typical south italian single-course meal, because chicory is everywhere in the countryside, and dried broad beans replace meat in the farmer's diet. If you make balls with it you totally win. —Chiarina-ina
Serves a crowd
- 2.5 pounds shelled dried broad beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 pieces garlic cloves
- 1 bunch chicory
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup soymilk
- Soak the broad beans in cold water for a night.
- The day after, put two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, add onion and fry over low heat for few minutes
- Add drained broad beans and cover with water. Cook until broad beans are melted.
- In another pan fry 2 tablespoons of oil with garlic cloves cut in halves and add washed chicory (don't drain it too much).
- When chicory is ready chop it up and mix with broad beans pureè. Add salt .
- Make nut sized balls, dip in milk and roll them in sesame seeds.
- Cook in hot oven for few minutes, just until sesame is golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast