If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick vegetarian supper. I saved time by microwaving the squash but would be even better roasted. It's surprisingly tasty! —reahpeah
- 1 Acorn Squash, cooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- dash mustard seeds, turmeric, cinnamon, chili flakes, madras curry powder
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 cups stock
- 2 cups chickpea rinsed
- 1 tablespoon toasted almond oil (or toasted sesame oil)
- 2-3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons pecan halves, toasted
- Cook squash in microwave until soft (7-10 minutes). In a large pot on medium heat, add onions and spices, and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic.
- Add squash, kale and stock. Stew for 10-15 minutes covered. Puree with a hand immersion blender. Turn down to low and add chickpeas. Cook another 10-15 minutes until chickpeas are soften and kitchen smells good. Serve with plain yogurt and toasted pecans.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast