If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When corn is at it's sweetest mid summer, this recipe is perfection. The grilled shrimp pairs perfectly with the creamy avocado and zesty lime dressing. Perfect for a light lunch, or an appetizer before dinner. —Megan Mitchell
For the shrimp
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
For the Salad
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seed removed, finely diced
- 1 ear of corn
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chiffonade
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- Toss shrimp in a bowl with the olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and ½ tsp. paprika. Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to and hour.
- Preheat your grill, grill pan or skillet.
- While your grill is preheating, combine the jalapeno, chives, basil, lime zest and juice, salt, pepper, olive oil and avocado in a bowl. Mix together. Set aside.
- Once your grill is preheated, grill your corn. Once it is almost done, 5-6 minutes, add the shrimp to the grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp and corn and let cool slightly. Remove the kernels from the cooled cob and place in the avocado and jalapeno bowl. Once the shrimp are cool enough to handle, chop up into ½ inch pieces. Add to bowl.
- Toss to combine and serve with butter lettuce as a salad or with chips.