If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Think of this as a twice baked spaghetti squash. —MARY GEFFERT
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Basil
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place halves, inside down in about an inch of water. boil covered for 15-20 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, brown ground meat. Season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Remove squash from pan and scrape the cooked squash from the shell into a large bowl using a fork. Forming spaghetti like strings. Set the shells in a baking dish.
- Add the browned meat, tomato sauce and half of the cheddar cheese to the bowl of squash and mix together. Spoon half of mixture into each shell, sprinkle with remaining cheddar and half of parmesan on each shell.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast