Author Notes: For crowded and hungry Open House/Sunday brunchers, I love it that these are simple to make(only six ingredients), colorful, easy to eat, and include protein-rich eggs in all their natural creamy glory (instead of scrambled or used to soak bread etc.) They can be served in individual ramekins or made in one large baking dish. —LE BEC FIN
non-stick cooking spray
10 cups mashed sweet potatoes (from 7 pounds baked sweet potatoes, skin-on, mashed with a little butter, kosher salt and pepper)
30 slices cooked bacon, each piece cut in half crosswise
40 large eggs
about 1/2- 1 cup heavy cream
black pepper, coarsely freshly ground
1 pound extra sharp cheddar, grated
- With non stick spray, spray the insides of 20 ramekins (4"wide x 2" deep). Place on a rimmed sheet pan. Into each ramekin, spoon 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes and make a nest(depression) in the top. Place 3 cut pieces of bacon,side by side, in the bottom of the nest.Crack 2 eggs on top of the bacon. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons heavy cream. Add salt and pepper and top with grated cheese.
- Set pan in middle of oven and bake until the eggs are set, or to your desired doneness (18 to 22 minutes for runny yolks).
- * if you want a spicier Mexican touch, add some pureed seedless chipotles in adobo to your mashed sweet potatoes (Be cautious/add a little at a time!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast