Author Notes: Pancakes for dinner? Why not! As I eat grain-free, these delicious pancakes taste just like old-fashioned buttermilk pancakes. When I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes I searched for a tasty pancake, but without the carbs, and finally have come up with this recipe! They are full of protein and flavor and can be ready to eat in just about 10 minutes. With this basic pancakes you could add bananas, chocolate chips, or other fresh fruit. —Caroline Potter
Makes: 16 pancakes
cup plain kefir or buttermilk
tablespoon vanilla extract
cups almond flour
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoons arrowroot powder
- Mix kefir or buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla with a hand blender for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, sift together almond flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix thoroughly, with hand mixer.
- Spoon pancake mix onto a hot, greased griddle.
- Add blueberries (5-6 per pancake), flip and serve.
- Top with butter, maple syrup, or yogurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast