If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious summer pie and the white chocolate melts in the middle —MarieGlobetrotter
Makes 1 pie
- 1 3/5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 500g red and black currant
- 1 cup biscotti of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml single cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons sliced almonds
- Pour flour, salt and sugar in a bowl and combine. Add diced butter and mix by hand to obtain a crumbly mixture. Add egg and water to mix well to obtain a smooth dough. Roll on the dough and spread out in a lightly greased pie pan (9 inch pan). Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat oven on 420F
- For the filling, wash the redcurrants and let them dry.
- Crumble the biscotti and cut the white chocolate into small-ish dices
- Combine eggs, cream, white chocolate, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Spread out the crumbled biscotti on the dough. Add the redcurrant then pour the wet mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool and decorate with slices of almonds