If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish was a go-to meal when college roomies and I would gather for an impromptu meal. Add wine and a loaf of fresh baked bread....Heaven! —Tcakes
- 1 pound Pasta
- 15 ounces can of chickpeas, drained and washed
- 15 ounces can of dark kidney beans, drained and washed
- 12 ounces can of pitted small black olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups onions, peeled and sliced in 1/4" wedges
- 1/8 cup EVOO, divided
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated + use vegan cheese if desired
- 6 pieces garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup Reserved pasta liquid
- Peel and slice the onion. Peel and mince garlic. Combine in bowl and set aside.
- Open and drain all cans of beans and wash. Open olive can and wash.
- Saute over med. heat in a 12" pan the onions and garlic with 1/2 of the EVOO (2-3 min.) Add spices. stir and cook (1-2 min)
- Add beans and olives, stir well. Add wine and pasta water. Simmer over low heat for 15 min. with lid.
- Add pasta to pan, toss gently until combined. Let simmer for 5 more min. Drizzle with the remaining EVOO and dust with grated cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast