If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This stew is great for parties, and super easy to make, too. It is vegan friendly, and can be made with meat in it as well if your guest would prefer it. Served with a crusty bread and your favorite side for the perfect meal! —Claire Beaufort
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 quart water, more if needed
- 3-4 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3-4 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths.
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut
- 2 cans of lentils
- 1 yellow squash, cut into thick pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into thick pieces
- 1 bunch curly kale, chopped
- 2 cups corn, either canned or fresh.
- 4 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Pour vegetable stock and water into 5 quart pot or larger, Heat over medium setting.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, lentils and carrots, cook for 25 minutes
- Add yellow squash and zucchini slices, cook for 10 minutes
- Add corn and kale, cook until Kale has lost most of its toughness. Add extra water if stew has gotten a little too thick. Turn off heat and let it rest for about 10 minutes, then serve.