Author Notes: This is our "go to" recipe for dinner (this or nachos) using ingredients we always have on hand and is in no way meant to be an authentic Italian dish, just a cheap, easy dinner that we love. It can easily be doubled or tripled and made up ahead of time to where you just have to boil pasta. —nannydeb
Serves: 4 as is, can be doubled or tripled
ounce fresh basil (or a big handful)
cup extra virgin olive oil
cup dry white wine
teaspoon salt or to taste
black pepper to taste
14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
ounces dried pasta (we like capellini for this)
shredded Parmesan cheese
- Start a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat.
- In the food processor, blend basil, olive oil, white wine, salt, pepper, garlic and a handful of the diced tomatoes. Puree until smooth. Pour this sauce into the serving bowl and add the remaining diced tomatoes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the serving bowl and toss with the sauce.
- Serve immediately and top with Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast