If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everyone grows up with memories of their favorite recipe from childhood. Mine was my mother's Macaroni & Cheese...it's made with a Mornay cheese sauce, it's elegant but comforting and feeds many! —Bridget Coulter Cheslock
- 16 ounces Elbow Macaroni or Rigatoni
- 3 tablespoons Salted butter
- 2 tablespoons All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon White pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon Powdered mustard
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Boil elbow macaroni, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in the flour, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in the milk and 1/2 and 1/2.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 2-3 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add paprika, pepper, dried mustard and 2 cups of the cheddar cheese and the Asiago.
- Stir until all the cheese has melted. Gently stir in the macaroni and salt to taste.
- Garnish top with remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs and dot the top with 1 tbsp butter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until it’s golden brown and bubbly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast