Author Notes: Extra fluffy buttermilk pancakes for that lazy Sunday morning. —CrepesofWrath
Makes 20 pancakes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flor
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- maple syrup, for serving
- Combine your flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Separate your egg yolks into a large bowl and egg whites into a smaller bowl. Add your buttermilk, vanilla, and oil to the egg yolks and beat until combined. Beat the egg whites until foamy, then set aside.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisk until combined. Fold the foamy egg whites into the batter. Pour 1/3 cup of batter at a time onto a hot, greased griddle (usually over medium-high heat at first, then reduce to medium).
- Cook the pancakes until bubbling on one side, then flip and cook until fluffy and firm, about 2 minutes. Drizzle maple syrup over a big ol’ stack of pancakes and enjoy!